When I was driving home from delivering things from Friday night's Scout Auction yesterday it started snowing. Hard. When I got to the house it felt like one of those days where you ought to put on a pair of thick wool socks, make a big pot of from-scratch soup and stay home. But the bigger pull was to find my long gaiters and go for a hike and that's what I did.
My "constitutional" is a perfect example of the principle of just doing a thing without a lot of internal debate. I go for a hike when I'm too busy or not in the mood for it because it's good exercise and I need exercise. But I've never been on a hike, no matter how nasty the weather was, that I didn't come back to the car feeling like the world was a great place and I loved being in it.
So I've thrown long and short gaiters, six-point crampons and a jacket in the trunk of my car to ride around with my boots, super-sized handkerchiefs and hydration pack. In a few weeks it looks like the snowshoes will have to go in too.
I have a 12-month membership to the outdoor gym.
Benson Turned 2!
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment